Responsible for project strategic direction from the tender stage, guides project set up and advises on the project when needed.
Typical Lead Appointed Party BIM staff duties include:
- Development of the BIM Tender Checklists
- Assist in defining project BIM deliverables
- Writing the pre-appointment BIM Execution Plan and ensuring it is in line with the EIR requirements
- Writing BIM specific tender responses.
- Assists in the assessment of costs for BIM implementation for the project.
- Assists in identifying key project challenges and define BIM uses for the scheme.
- Assists with the assessment of delivery team capability
- Leads BIM Kick-off meeting
- Attends project BIM strategy meetings and gives advice when needed during the project
- Undertake BIM Peer Review and Lessons Learnt
[source] PDE 4301 Technical BIM Management 2019/2020, BIM EXECUTION PLAN, SUP-GPF-XX-XX-SP-W-0001, Post-appointment BEP, Grat To King Yeung, Jarek Wityk, Mike Sealey, Tala Dam